My blogs have fallen into disuse over the course of time. I won't bother apologizing for it, because: 1) I have done that too often for it to be meaningful anymore; and 2) I doubt I have any readers left to apologize to. I have found it hard to figure out what I really want to say and what people would want to read. I have written about this before, on this very site, so I won't go into anymore. Nevertheless, I will say that I have lacked some sort of connecting theme to keep my interest in blogging going. Until now, perhaps...
As a challenge to the congregation, my pastor has encouraged us to read the whole Bible this year. It is funny (not "ha-ha" funny, but the curious kind that seems to arise from coincidence) that the last post I wrote for this blog was about me trying to tackle a book of the Bible I always skipped over (I failed in that undertaking, by the way). I accepted the challenge and I have begun, along with several other brave souls, to start reading the Bible chronologically, day by day, until I finish it at the end of the year.
This is already proving to be incredible stimulation for my brain, my questions, my doubts, and hopefully ultimately my faith. But most pertinent to all of you, it is stimulating my desire to write publicly and wrestle with some of these thoughts. As always, this is meant to be a judgment free zone, both for you and for me. Firm believers and scoffers are welcome alike, as long as respect reigns over the proceedings. So come, doubt and believe with me, and perhaps we will find glimmers of the divine in the pages of this maddening and beautiful tome.
As a challenge to the congregation, my pastor has encouraged us to read the whole Bible this year. It is funny (not "ha-ha" funny, but the curious kind that seems to arise from coincidence) that the last post I wrote for this blog was about me trying to tackle a book of the Bible I always skipped over (I failed in that undertaking, by the way). I accepted the challenge and I have begun, along with several other brave souls, to start reading the Bible chronologically, day by day, until I finish it at the end of the year.
This is already proving to be incredible stimulation for my brain, my questions, my doubts, and hopefully ultimately my faith. But most pertinent to all of you, it is stimulating my desire to write publicly and wrestle with some of these thoughts. As always, this is meant to be a judgment free zone, both for you and for me. Firm believers and scoffers are welcome alike, as long as respect reigns over the proceedings. So come, doubt and believe with me, and perhaps we will find glimmers of the divine in the pages of this maddening and beautiful tome.
3 comments:
Sounds exciting! What system are you using? Book by book or in a different order?
We are literally just doing it in order from beginning to end. Some of the months are going to be brutal haha.
Cool. I'll follow you closely. I like the Bible.
Post a Comment