To those who are old readers: "welcome back."
To those who are new readers: "welcome."
This is a blog that evolved from a previous blog that focused on the spiritual and religious questions of a lost college student. But it didn't go very far last time I re-opened it, perhaps because I was too distracted with other things, or exhausted and tired of the anxiety that comes with asking questions to which you may never get a clear answer.
So why am I reopening this blog now? I have come to a point in my life where I can no longer simply float along ignoring all the nagging theological and philosophical questions that I have regarding faith and religion in my own christian context. It is humbling to see how many of my old questions (canon, scriptural authority and interpretation, authorship, human meddling in the construction of dogma, the availability and knowability of Truth, etc) are still just as pressing as they were back in the day. I would like to think that I come to this task with a greater sense of purpose, humility and maturity than I did 4-5 years ago; but I would be lying if I said that this process has been any less anxiety producing than it was back then. If anything, I have been gifted with a bit more experience under my belt (which in turn has created patience) and with time to read and research these topics more carefully.
So, if you will, feel free to join me in this adventure of understanding and acceptance that we call faith. Please feel free to comment, offer advice and questions, and to agree and disagree with me.
1 comment:
Yay! I'm so glad that you are reopening this blog! My own spiritual life is so very dear to me so it will be enriching to get to witness a small part of yours. I hope that it challenges me to even more depth. I will say, though, that I may be a bit hesitant to comment, because my own faith has seen some drastic changes and because I know how close to home the spiritual experience is. But I will certainly be reading.
Post a Comment